Raquel López is from Spain. She is a successful architect and much more. She is also a translator, trainer and a multi faceted blog critique. And to top it all up, she also writes. Her responses echo her talent and that wry sense of humor.
A mini interview-
Q- What is your profession and tell me about yourself, your background?
- I am A Spanish architect. I am very fond of all that has to do with Art&Creation. I also write fantasy stories and I sing in a jazz band.
Q- What drove you to choose this career path?
- Architecture is an artistic engineering. I like the combination of those two extremes.
Q- Have you moved a lot for your profession and do you like travelling?
- I love travelling, but, unfortunately, all jobs that include staying abroad for a while are usually given to male Architects.
Q- What in your opinion are the three major traits to be successful in your profession?
- Ambition, hard work and relatives who are architects.
Q- What have been your biggest challenges over the course of your career?
- I cannot recall all of them: since the very moment I put my feet on University ground my life became a hard daily challenge.
Q- Would you recommend this profession to young hopefuls?
- Only if they have a strong vocation and an Architect daddy.
Q- What is your advice to young graduates and professionals?
- If you want to live in peace, choose another path. Women architects: your profession might become your own Mr. Grey.